Critical requirements for Cassandra backup or other NoSQL database backup include:
- Incremental-forever backups
- Fast and granular recovery
- Parallel data transfers between the primary cluster and backup storage
- An agentless model
- A scalable catalog that can store millions of objects and that can be easily browsed and searched
- Application-aware backups and restores
This eBook will review these requirements in detail with specific focus on issues relevant to Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise customers.